Conservatorships and guardianships are granted through the probate court system. In the event that a person can not manage his or her own affairs independently, the probate court has the power to appoint a third party to help manage personal and/ or financial affairs. The Opin Law Firm can serve in a conservator or guardian capacity or assist with getting another party appointed to manage these duties. We work with individuals and families to attempt to keep individuals as independent as possible with whatever support is required to achieve a safe and enjoyable lifestyle.